WellTraxx is committed to the protection of our users' privacy, and the security of their information. Partnering with landowners to ensure safe online behaviour is one element of online security. WellTraxx corporate policies position data security in the utmost prominence every step of the way, from software development to server stability. WellTraxx is hosted with Rackspace, a dedicated IT hosting company that has been an industry leader for over a decade.
More security benefits include:
- User name as Password Protection - Your account is protected by a user name and password that you have created. Landowners play a role in password security by ensuring that the password is a mix of alphanumeric characters that cannot be guessed easily (see this list of the top 500 worst passwords, which are all compromised), and by not circulating user name and password information to anyone. If you have forgotten your password, you will be able to reset it through e-mails sent to the address you have associated with your own account, which is standard procedure.
- SSL Security Encryption - "Secure Socket Layer" encryption is gold-standard online data transfer security, and means that information sent through the WellTraxx website is encoded into unintelligible data that cannot be accessed externally, protecting it from hackers. When you sign into your WellTraxx account, you'll notice the "Security Lock" in the navigation bar, which ensures that all communication of your account information to our server is protected by SSL Encryption.
- Moneris Solutions - All credit card transactions through WellTraxx are securely processed by Moneris Solutions, Canada's largest payment provider which is owned by the Royal Bank of Canada and BMO Bank of Montreal. No credit card information is stored by WellTraxx – all information is processed and stored by Moneris. To learn more about Moneris Solutions visit here.
- Rackspace - Rackspace Hosting Security is a powerful, fully integrated portfolio of services, managed devices and best practices all designed to ensure the highest levels of security for customer data.
- Physical Security - Data centers are unmarked and access is limited to Rackspace data center technicians, with biometric scanning, security camera monitoring and 24x7 security presence.
- System Security - Dedicated firewall and VPN services help block unauthorized system access, distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation services based on our proprietary Rackspace PrevenTier™ system, and more.
- Operational Security - ISO17799-based policies and procedures, gold-standard encryption, independently audited disaster recovery and business continuity plans in place for Rackspace headquarters and support services.
Read more about Rackspace security in an extensive PDF here.