WellTraxx Ltd ("WellTraxx") recognizes the importance of customer privacy and the sensitivity of the personal information in its possession concerning all our customers and acknowledges its obligation to keep confidential all information received from customers. Further, WellTraxx is committed to safeguarding the personal information it has or controls concerning any customer. Our privacy statement is your notice of the purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your personal information or business contact information.
Your Privacy Rights
WellTraxx manages your personal information in compliance with Alberta's Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) and will comply in certain circumstances with the federal privacy law, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), as required.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information for the purposes of serving the commercial needs of our customers and provide our customers a secure place to store and view information regarding details of lease agreements with oil and gas corporations, damage settlements and the like. We receive information from you in the course of establishing a business relationship for the services that WellTraxx provides and to maintain that relationship.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that identifies you. In Alberta, business contact information such as your office address, job title, business phone number, email address(es), fax number or other related business contact information is not considered personal information. We follow reasonable and prudent business practices to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of providing you with our services.
The personal information could include:
- All information that you upload to our server or you provide to us to upload to our server, including without limitation:
- All oil and gas agreements relating to your interests in land, including legal locations;
- Financial data found in those legal agreements relating to your interests in land, including initial payments, annual rentals and damage settlements; and
- Credit card information you supply to us for purposes of paying the subscription fees owing under the License Agreement or other products or services.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information, we will:
- Not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those we identify to you or are reasonably evident.
- Only disclose your personal information to those persons who have a need to know your personal information for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement.
- Keep your personal information only for as long as needed it to fulfill the stated purpose or as required by law.
- Maintain your personal information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date a form as possible.
- Keep your personal information on our server(s) or in our physical offices secure.
- Maintain technological safeguards such as passwords or encryption for your sensitive personal information.
How do you protect your personal information?
In the course of establishing an account with WellTraxx, you will be assigned a username and will select your own password for your account. Those individuals who know of your username and password will have access to all the information relating to your account. Accordingly, you should take the necessary precautions to protect and safeguard this information and who has access to it. Do not share your username and password with anyone who should not have access to your information.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect, in most circumstances, your personal information directly from you through the completion of our Licensing Agreement and through information you upload to our server(s). In a situation where we make directed individual requests for your relevant sensitive personal information from a third party organization or business, we will obtain your written consent in advance.
By accessing the WellTraxx website, we will receive certain information generated from requests to our server. These logs capture computer information, navigation and clickstream data. Some of the information collected does not identify who you are. Other information, such as your domain name or IP address, may identify you depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. You may wish to ask them about their polices and practices. The information captured does identify the following:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our web site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- Screen resolution of your monitor;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to WellTraxx web site from another web site, the address of that web site. This information is used to help us make our site more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors to our site, and by monitoring traffic patterns and the types of technology our visitors use.
Information Collected in E-mails and Web Forms
If you should choose to provide us with personal information (as in an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it to us through our website) we will use that information to respond to your message and to help us get the information you have requested or to upload the submitted information to our server and connect it to any account you may have with WellTraxx. Messages sent via the Internet can be intercepted. If you are concerned about sending your personal information to us via the Internet, you can use another method such as fax or regular mail.
- If you volunteer to provide relevant personal information verbally or in writing, we assume that you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in our Privacy Statement, or
- When you initiate contact with us, we may determine that consent has been implied for us to collect, use and disclose personal information in a reasonable manner.
- In some situations, we will require express consent in writing, by the provision of a letter, application form, electronic signature, or other document authorizing certain activities.
Under certain circumstances, we will disclose your personal information without your consent
- When we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- When the use of the information is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual or the public;
- When it is necessary to establish or collect our fees; or
- If the information is already publicly known.
Use of Your Information
We use your personal information to provide business services to you and to administer our business, such as customer billing. With your permission, we may send you additional information about our other products or services. You may at any time withdraw your consent by notifying us, and we will not send you any such material.
We do not disclose or sell your personal information or business contact information to any third party to enable them to market their products and services. We may use general information regarding our customer base in promotional material; we take reasonable precautions to ensure such information would not identify you as a customer of WellTraxx.
For site security purposes, WellTraxx employs software programs to monitor network traffic that identifies unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Who do we release information to?
When we release information about you, it is done to serve specific needs, in the course of providing our services. With your consent, we may provide information to:
- Our staff and agents who use the information for the reasonable business purpose of providing you with services directly or through our website;
- Professionals working with us to provide our products and services to you.
Accuracy of Your Information
You have the right to request a correction of the personal information that we hold about you. We rely on you to provide us with accurate and up-to-date personal and business contact information for the purposes of providing you with business services and to maintain contact with you. The accuracy or reliability of the information you upload to our server(s), or provide to us for uploading, concerning your land holdings and related lease details is something we can not control or take responsibility for. If during the course of our business relationship, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
Access to your personal information
You may request access to the personal information we have about you. The request must be in writing and directed to WellTraxx's privacy officer identified below. We may charge a reasonable fee for retrieval and copying of your personal information. If the retrieval or copying or your request is extensive, we will notify you of the fee prior to retrieval and copying.
Can I be Denied Access to My Personal Information?
There are exceptions to your right to access your personal information. By law, we must deny access when:
- Your file contains personal information on a third party and the information cannot be severed to maintain the privacy of the third party information;
- Required or authorized by law;
- We have the right to deny access to your information and may deny access when:
- Your information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings against you, including unpaid invoices to WellTraxx;
- If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain why. In all cases we will attempt to mediate a resolution if possible.
Communications by Email
WellTraxx will use e-mail to send personal or confidential information unless you expressly authorize us not to use this form of communication. Accordingly, you accept all the inherent risks associated with this type of communication given that email is not a secure or necessarily confidential manner of communicating.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may review and change our Privacy Statement from time to time in order to update our privacy commitment to you in keeping with current privacy laws.
Contact Information & Resources
Please contact our Privacy Officer at the address below or access our website under Privacy, if you:
- Wish to access your personal information
- Wish to change your consent regarding the manner in which we collection, use and disclose your personal information as outlined in our Privacy Statement.
- Have concerns about our privacy policies or how we've handled your personal information
Kris Bower, Director
1 (403) 548-0789
if you are not satisfied with our response, the Privacy Commissioner of Alberta can be reached at: